Stuff I do in my free time
- Open source software projects and freelancing on Github
- Publish Bukkit plugins on SpigotMC and BukkitDev
- Teach others software development
- Previously hosted public game servers such as Minecraft and Team Fortress 2 at Tech Fortress
- Currently hosting private and community-oriented servers
- IRC/Chat: currently down
- I read all direct messages from patrons on Patreon, which get emailed to me.
- If you wish to use discord, there’s a
#robomwm channel in the GriefPrevention Discord server
Currently under construction
- Minecraft server Bukkit plugin, written in Java, uses Bukkit API.
- Players define regions (named claims) in a 3D world and set permissions on who can modify what within their region. This prevents “grief” from occurring within their claim.
- Also includes chat spam filtering.
- One of the largest and most popular of my projects I maintain.
- Roadmap for planning future API additions and code refactoring.
- Hosting public game servers
- Use of git and backup software, amongst the other joys of server maintenance
- Fair amount of scripting
- Mix of powershell and bash scripts
- Used to provision, maintain, and operate servers
- A lot of devops
- One server is automatically updated via pipelines
- Community involvement and dispute resolutions
- Feedback and communication on changes occurs regularly